Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 4

1. What academic skills could you use on the job?
The academic skills I could use on the job are my tech skills because I'm working with photographs, scanners, and emotional computers. I could also use my communication skills. If I don't know where a particular picture goes then I have to ask not wait for it to be handed to me. Organization is also important because I work with lots and lots of pictures. Folders usually have 20 pictures in them each and Marc and I go through more than several a day. They tend to pile up and get moved around.

2. What forms of collaboration could you use in a project?
A form of collaboration I could use in a project could be going out of my way to make the pictures the highest quality they can be. Bringing in my scanner and computer has streamlined the process of scanning pictures somewhat.

3. What technical skills can you use at your internship?
Scanner: I have never used my scanner so much before. It's getting a workout.
Windows Photo Manager: Cropping, rotating, compressing, it's all there.

4. What new things can you learn while working at your site?
I have already learned many things and I'm always learning things. I work at a museum so it's only natural. I'm learning, of 'course, about boats and maritime history. In fact the other day I found a black and white picture of NTC. That was interesting. I'm also learning about PastPerfect 4 which is the cataloging software.

5. How can you exhibit, showcase or otherwise share your work?
Well, I scan pictures into a catalog and note down the numbers of the pictures that I go through so I can show some of the pictures that I scanned in and can show how many numbers that I've gone through.

6. How can your work or your skills & abilities help your company or organization?
My work helps my organization with providing resources for others that are accessible. That way if somebody needs a picture all they have to do is look and it'll be there and they can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment