Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 11

What were the highlights? What were the challenges? What was memorable and why?

Summary of my Week

Monday we didn't have internship so I wasn't here Monday.
Tuesday I scanned more pictures and even more pictures.

Wednesday I finally got my internship project from my mentor. I started working on that right away. Marc and I took pictures of the model of the Cutty Sark and started researching. We also got soaked walking to Jack in the Box for lunch.

Thursday I worked some more on my internship project, messing with the photos, answering some of the questions in my project. I slipped and fell on wet stairs and that hurt. Still does.

Today I'm still working on my internship project. Writing some more. I'm going to do some of it over the weekend that way I get it all done and we can start posting content onto the website.

Highlights
My highlight has to be these guys.

I guess that they're migrating through now at this time of year. There were a lot of these guys as well as cormorants.

Challenges
My challenge has to be dealing with the people that come on through the library. Sometimes they are asking for books or they just come in unannouced. A group of people with Rubios came in today. I thought that you weren't supposed to eat in a library.

Something Memorable
That would be going on the Star of India this morning, coming out and seeing all those cormorants and pelicans. There was a pretty strong gust and I was looking right at it so it was making my eyes water. That was fun. Somewhat stormy weather can be fun.
Another memorable moment is when I fell down the stairs. I'm not going to forget that one in a while and my body won't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment