Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 16

Final Day

My mentors desk. Lots of books there.

The storage room. All of the pictures we scanned are kept here.

Our work station. I think I'm going to miss it.


Write a reflection in which you highlight the most significant personal learning experiences for you at internship.


The most significant personal learning experiences I’ve had at my internship...Well, I think that one of them has been just working. I haven’t done any school work, no math, no art. I’ve only been working to achieve the goals of my internship site and that has been a learning experience. I had a boss, co-workers, a break room...All this has really taught me about life in the workplace. I haven’t worked a day in my life I guess you could say...or at least not professionally. This is the first time that I’ve been thrust in to a workplace and I’ve gone through trial and error, meeting deadlines, working with co-workers and helping them with their work, setbacks, all sorts of things. The most important thing is that we got all our work done and that’s what matters. It’s not always just the experience it’s also the product. Why go through all that trouble and end up with nothing to show for it? That’s why this has been one of my most significant learning experiences. There was also sense of freedom here that I thought was interesting. I didn’t know there would be that much freedom in this job. All we would do was ask our mentor if we could go take pictures or whatever and he would let us go. We would prowl the boats taking pictures for what seemed a really long time but Kevin was always nice about it. He did his work, we did ours. I don’t think it’s the same for every workplace but I really enjoyed that freedom because we weren’t constricted by periods and we could take our lunch break whenever. It was nice not having math homework though we go back Monday. Will I even remember how to do schoolwork?

No comments:

Post a Comment